Wine Yeast Information Blog

7:12 PM

March 2008 - - Wine Review

Today's Wine Review Article

Facing my Wine, Falling Blossoms have Filled the Folds of my Clothes


Imagine a ragged drunk who smiles as he sees a gleaming moon float gently
across a soft gilded stream.

In "Amusing Myself", another famous poem, an inebriated glassy eyed Li Bai writes,

Facing my wine, I did not see the dusk,

But falling blossoms have filled the folds of my clothes,

Drunk I rise, and approach the moon in a river,

But birds are far away ... and people are few.



As Flowers Fall Like Rain

As our notorious poet continues to sip wine from what appears to be a bottomless cup ....
beautiful blossoms flow and the impending dusk seems far, far away.

But one must ask, just what continues to stimulate the poets' brilliant mind.

In " Amusing Myself", Li Bai creates lasting images that illuminate yet another lonely night.

At the same time, he enters another dark foreboding realm.


Facing my Wine I did Not see the Dusk


Perhaps a tragic poem, the real value of this work may lie as we enter the dark recesses of a rare, undiscovered world.

And within this world, the dark realities of the poets' mind may only be dissolved as an abundance of wine begins to flow, and flowers fall like rain.

But then, we must surely ask ourselves ..... should we laugh or cry?

After all, he is China's greatest poet, .... nothing but a notorious inebriated sot.

Such is the life of Li Bai ..... and all that he has now come to represent.

He is an adventurous poet, mystic and rabble-rouser par excellence.

Gerald Marchewka is an American freelance writer currently living in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Gerald Marchewka may be reached at geraldmarchewka@yahoo.com



Another short Wine Review review

Thanksgiving Table Tips, Wine and Recipes


A Time for Thanks

Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays because it is a special time to spend with friends and family, there is no pressur...


Click Here to Read More About Wine ...

Recommended Wine Review Items

The FTD Birthday Cheer Bouquet - Premium


A birthday wish comes true with this elegant bouquet of gerbera daisies, snapdragons, and other pink blooms arranged in a glass vase. C12-3082P


Price: 79.99 USD



Wine Review in the news

Buy This One by the Case

Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:00:58 PDT
LL was out of town and I needed to get dinner together for myself, and it was one of those days when eight hours at the desk feels like 8,000 hours, and I wanted to go to the grocery store about as much as I wanted to teach a wine class in Amish country. So I determined that when I got home, I would make dinner from whatever I found. Eggs, O.K., that’s good, we’ll try an omelet. Black olives, good again. Parsley and thyme, looking better. Half a head of radicchio left from a salad, that might b

Please educate me on Wine

Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:32:39 PDT
I am interested in using wine to cook, and I would like to know a little more about the different flavors and MO's of different wines. I have kinda been sampling different wines lately, trying to figure out what will go with what. Some are obvious, but some I can't tell the difference. Merlot vs. Cab Sav(don't wanna try to spell it)? Sherry? What does all this mean? My uncle used to make wine out of anything. Mainly fruit. That doesn't classify as "wine" I know. I'm a beer drinker by

Cheers!

Fri, 28 Mar 2008 04:38:32 PDT
What wine provides the best accompaniment to the book you're reading? Lesley Reidy on stuff.co.nz provides some top picks to go with each genre. (Found via the Literary Salon.) I would add though that Marquez suits a nice fruity Australian merlot. I have been tippling on both, but the words are probably more dangerously intoxicating than the vino.

Malbec (Wine Gourmet - Jim Martin)

Fri, 28 Mar 2008 05:35:21 PDT
Walk into any wine shop and you should be able to tell which grape varieties are the most popular for the production of wine. Some of these are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Shiraz for reds, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, and Viognier for whites. However, there is one variety that is gai...

You Know What I Did Last Night

Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:37:54 PDT
Last night Allan and I met after work and had a snack. We were going to have an appetizer at one of our favorite restaurants, but we ended up having guacamole and splitting a Reuben sandwich. I had not had their Reuben before, and it was amazing! I think it is the best I've ever had! Dee-lish!! This was preparing us for our next event. Then we headed off for our true destination. Our favorite winery, Willmon's, which has vineyards in Deming, New Mexico, has a local store. Soon after I moved her


Wine Cork
Wine Review

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Any Social Bookmark onlywire Socializer socialize it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home